Monday, April 8, 2013

VU THI THUY - ENTRY 3


Entry 3: Vu Thi Thuy
Identify bias
Item 1: 


-       
\
















Stereotype
-        Analysis:  Two pictures show the family’ s life with a small member. One picture indicates the retirement life of a old couple, They  are enjoyable with their grandchildren. Another describes the life of young couple, they seem happy with their child
Item 2:


-        Prejudice
-        Analysis: the picture expresses the traffic culture in VietNam, a young man does not implement the traffic law, as a result  The Death will visit him soon.
Item 3:





-        Discrimination
-        Analysis: the picture shows racism, one of two big white persons with large whip spank a black person who seems to implore him give his child back. The others know but they do nothing because of being frightfull.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thuy, after reading your entry, I have some comments for you.
    + the first item, I’m sorry I don’t understand your point of view in this picture. I guess the type of bias coud be Prejudice in this case ( Sorry but your item is not reflect the bias clearly. I mean you should find another clearer-reflected-item, I think)
    + The second item has the same problem .I have not seen any bias in the second picture yet(until now).
    + the final item is good. Good job, friend! However, could you please point out the type of bias clearlier. I suggest the discrimination in this case is Racism.
    It is my own opinion. Hope it be useful for you.

    ReplyDelete